Sunday, November 9, 2008

Partisan Gloating

Here's my salute to all the over-paid clowns who told us all for 2 decades that us Yanks were too bigoted, racist, stupid, lazy, selfish, and easily frightened to be governed by anyone other than Big White Daddy Republicans. You guys were always so wrong about everything, and now your world lies in ruins around your ears. You've been forsaken by the very blue collar males that you claimed to speak for. More of them voted for Obama than voted for Kerry or Clinton, or Carter. All those rust belt states where they live, including very Republican Indiana, went for Obama. Very Southern Virginia, Florida, and North Carolina went for Obama. Obama won blue collar Pennsylvania with a double digit lead. Only 4 states turned more Republican; Tennesee, Arkansas, West Virginia, and Oklahoma. Obama, a black Democrat, was only 4 percentage points behind McCain in Dubya's own Texas. Obama won every major city in Texas except Fort Worth. The kids you said were too lazy and self absorbed to vote formed the backbone of Obama's grass-roots operations. The secret racism of American voters that you so counted on never materialized. As you pass into the odium that you so richly deserve, all I can say is "You have no power here! Be gone before someone drops a house on you!"

Karl Rove HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!


William Kristol, HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!


Bill O'Reilly, HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!


Anne Coulter, HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!


Sean Hannity, HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!


Rush Limbaugh, HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!


Pat Robertson, HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

14 comments:

bls said...

This is indeed a terrific roster of clowns of the so-called "conservative movement." (You forgot the Duchess of Clowns, though: Sarah Palin!)

Thanks be to God that they've been given the bum's rush and we won't have to pay any further attention to any of them.

For an interesting discussion of "what happened," check this WSJ article. This bunch has killed it dead.

Mike in Texas said...

Oohh ... You should warn us about the nauseating images!

Tobias Stanislas Haller BSG said...

Thanks for the Rogues' Gallery. This gave me a big smile, and maybe even a small gloat. Ok, a good-sized gloat. TBTG!

The Religious Pícaro said...

Well, being from Fort Worth (back before it was a major city), that's not really surprising. It's a great place to be from.

Why is Pat Robertson making the "hook'em Horns" sign? Or is he praising Satan? Maybe he's just rocking out...

June Butler said...

Wonderful, Counterlight. My favorite moment with a member of the Rogue's Gallery was Bill Kristol on the tee vee defending Sarah Palin. It was laughably lame. He was one of the group of Republican insiders who pushed to have her chosen as the VP candidate.

As to Sarah, I'm beginning to feel a little sorry for her. She's the fall guy, er gal, and the cowards are knifing her with their craven heads covered with stockings, so we won't know who they are. Those are mean people. Sarah may be a "crazy bitch", as Betty White says, but the Republicans are mean, like Sarah doesn't know mean.

The Religious Pícaro said...

Sarah may be a "crazy bitch", as Betty White says, but the Republicans are mean, like Sarah doesn't know mean.

Oh, pooh. She's a Republican herself, and a Republican governor, at that. She knows all about mean, I'm sure.

Counterlight said...

I have to agree with Billy D on this one. She ran Wasilla like an old time ward heeler, brutal and high handed.

June Butler said...

Well, "Oh pooh" to both of you. I'm talking Rovian types, the ones who turned the deserter into a hero, and the hero into a coward in the last election. I'm talking top tier, inner circle Republican operatives. Republicans may not do nuance, but I'm a Democrat, and I do nuance. Sarah is not in that class.

Counterlight said...

Well, I will agree that they're sinking their knives into her back. And they certainly are making a scapegoat out of her for all of THEIR failures. But, I don't see here as entirely blameless in this. She played along knowingly and willingly until they lost. She knew who these folks were, and happily used their tactics.

June Butler said...

C'mon Counterlight, who said she was blameless? I have mocked her more times than I can remember on my blog. I said I was beginning to feel a little sorry for her as the vultures gather to tear her to bits.

Surely, mon cher, you're not telling me how I should feel. I would never do that to you.

Counterlight said...

I would never tell you how to feel. It's just that my tear ducts are all tapped out.

Counterlight said...

Grandmere, that you can spare some sympathy for Sarah Palin means that you're just better than me. (no irony here).

Wormwood's Doxy said...

Every time I pass a car with a McCain/Palin sticker, I laugh--and the Emperor shouts "Loser!"

I try to discourage him from doing that. But not very hard. ;-)

Pax,
Doxy

June Butler said...

Doxy, let him be. He's a smart kid.