Tuesday, November 4, 2008

When the Lights Go On Again...

Something that I think is appropriate tonight:  Here is Vera Lynne's famous song about hope in a very dark time, darker than our time:



I'm so happy to be alive to see this. I've waited a long time; 8 years of Bush II and 30 years of Republican rule. I'm sorry Barack's Grandmother is not here to see this.  However, she is in the Great Beyond with some other souls who are smiling broadly tonight: Harold Washington, Studs Terkel, and Paul Wellstone. I'm sure they are sharing celestial cigars and champagne right now.

And Lord knows, this song now has a whole new life and meaning:

src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sp6581shLuQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

I am indescribably happy tonight. I can only imagine how my Bronx students must feel.

No comments: