Sunday, March 22, 2009

My Government Stimulus Plan

Let's give everyone a free $100,000!
 
I could pay off all of my debts and have plenty left over to go shopping.  It would be a lot cheaper than unconditionally handing over trillions of dollars in taxpayer money to very people who gambled away the ranch in the first place (Duncan Black calls this policy "setting big piles of money on fire").
I'm becoming more and more convinced that all these people from both parties and the financial industry have been in bed together too long.  It's time to start prosecuting these folks.

As one historian discussing the machinations of the Rockefeller brothers, David and Nelson, in the city and state governments of New York once said, it's only small businesses who resent the government.

5 comments:

Leonard said...

start prosecuting these folks...Counterlight

and, while we´re doing that could be throw in a CANCELLATION of VISAS for HATE/FEARMONGERING THIEVING THUGS DRESSED UP AS RELGIOUS PEOPLE/ANGLICAN BISHOPS...it´s about time we start paying attention to the istigators of our financial problems (the spiritual ones they ignore anyway).

Anonymous said...

I'd gladly accept it...

...but it wouldn't cover all my debts (TOTALLY from student loans---which is how you can tell I have a doctorate).

David G. said...

I could pay off my bills, buy a place in the woods, and become the hermit I enjoy being, with money left over for a digital organ.

Anonymous said...

From the beginning I was saying that the first bailout money should have been used to pay off all credit card debt in this country (the totals are almost exactly the same). That would have kick-started the economy effectively, efficiently and directly.

toujoursdan said...

Sadly, if you gave everyone $100,000 then prices would go up. Supply and Demand and all.