Saturday, September 13, 2008

Sarah Palin for a Change, or Just More of the Same?

According to this article in the NY Times, it looks more like this humble hockey mom ran her town and her state like an old time ward heeler.  She's a right-wing ideologue who values loyalty above everything, is vindictive toward opponents, and is obsessed with secrecy.

Sound familiar?

"My friends," I'd rather NOT make fun of Sarah Palin's background.  Sure, I was a professional student for awhile, but it was all on scholarship, and I worked the whole time through school.  I worked in kitchens all through art school.  My brother worked as a cowboy when he was in college, my mother worked as a physical therapist most of her life, and my dad owned and ran a carwash business out near Garland, TX.  I ain't nobility.  So I'm dropping all the "Caribou Barbie" jokes right now.

There's more than enough in her actual record as mayor of Wasilla and governor of Alaska to make us wonder if she's really fit for the most powerful job on earth.

No comments: