Saturday, June 6, 2009

My Current Debussy Obsession

God bless ITunes! All that is old is made new again.
I once had a series of records, now long lost, that I enjoyed immensely. I had records of Paul Jacobs playing Debussy piano works, the really difficult ones, the Preludes, the Etudes, Images, Estampes, etc. I used to listen to them a lot with great pleasure. Now with the help of ITunes and a little IPod clip that Michael gave me, I can enjoy them once again. I've been playing them quite a lot lately. I never realized how much I missed those records.

Here's the first of the Etudes played by someone other than Paul Jacobs:



I should point out that I'm no music maven (like Madpriest or Toujoursdan or any number of people in my parish including the rector). I know enough about music to know that I don't know much about it. I have very eclectic tastes.

No comments: