Thursday, September 29, 2011

Calling All Clergy!!

Here's a new calling for you, corrections officers!!




Forget it Hagger. You're Church of England and not American, so you don't count as Christian in Alabama. Margaret Watson, we know you're working for the liberals and the terrorists. And Tobias Haller is a humanist intellectual in a collar, talk about a wolf in shepherd's clothing!

Besides, in Alabama all y'all ain't Christian 'cause you're Piskapalins. Lutherans and UCC ain't Christian neither. Catholics? Go tell it to Mitt Romney!

Synagogue? Mosque? Temple? Sacred Grove? Sweat Lodge? To the slammer you filthy heathens!

But if you were part of GAGCON or ACNE or the Southern Baptist Convention, this would be a dream come true! A priest with a Bible, a badge, and a gun! In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, assume the position!!

For some Catholic priests, this would be a fantasy come true.


This blog is turning into an extension of JoeMyGod.

10 comments:

it's margaret said...

I saw this... and was furious enough to go burn the court house down.

I was equally furious when I heard that courts in our area were having folks "serve time" by attending AA meetings...

--and my language is not fit to write when I am furious...

PS: liberals are the ultimate betrayers lately.... don't put 'em in my camp --for their own safety.

Counterlight said...

That sort of language is perfectly appropriate here. In the words of Alice Longworth Roosevelt, "If you don't have anything nice to say about anyone, then come over and sit by me."
If you wish to unburden here, then do so.

Counterlight said...

I think as far as these folks are concerned, "liberal" is the evil spawn of Satan, and everyone who doesn't see things the way they do. That's the only explanation I can come up with for why Islamic fundamentalism and gay liberation become conflated in so many beautiful minds out there.

Rick+ said...

Hmmm... might work for criminals in Nevada, but I'm thinking we might somehow use the same technique for our November pledge drive: Send in your pledge or be sentenced to a full year of weekly church attendance - that'd scare the congregation, and I'll bet the pledges would pour in!

Tristan Alexander said...

That should be unconstitutional!

it's margaret said...

I agree Tristan. I agree.

JCF said...

I was equally furious when I heard that courts in our area were having folks "serve time" by attending AA meetings...

This is common practice in many areas, for many kinds of 12 Step organizations (I admit, I've initialed adjudicated-attendance cards at EA mtgs before). It's not as bad as "Church or Jail", IMO, but it's still problematic.

Counterlight said...

I agree with Tristan too.

MadPriest said...

I have been campaigning for the arming of the priesthood for many years. Us priests are supremely qualified and divinely appointed to decide who is guilty and who is not and giving us the right to dispatch evil doers on the spot would save the nation billions of pounds each year by rendering the legal profession obsolete.

Burl said...

The man on the video has nothing to do with Church. Is the intent that the offenders become part of conventicles? He's clearly part of some cult that uses Christian terminology. These places are thick on the ground in Alabama, I know, but they are not churches.