Wednesday, June 24, 2020

More Urban Grandeur Around Domino Park


On June 15 I took my trusty digital "Old Schmutzy" down to Domino Park and the Williamsburg Bridge to take some more pictures of the urban grandeur there.



Ms. Liberty in the harbor with the Bayonne docks.  Above is part of the Brooklyn Bridge.  In the foreground is an East River Ferry boat.





The Brooklyn tower of the Williamsburg Bridge.






A beautiful iron work light post on the Brooklyn tower.








Under the Brooklyn side of the Williamsburg Bridge.







I think this immense stone and concrete structure is part of the cable anchorage of the Bridge. 
It reminds me of something out of Piranesi.





The Williamsburg Bridge from the south





The Bridge from Bedford Avenue and South 6th Street.





I'm starting to see a lot of virus graffiti in the neighborhood.






I think this is a memorial wall on South 6th Street.  The artist is Carl Gabriel.




No comments: