Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Catching Up on the News

 For those of you left who follow news about me from here instead of from Facebook, a lot has happened over the past couple of years.

My mother died of covid in January of this year.  She was 93.  My brother had just moved her out of a nursing home to get her away from a covid outbreak there, only to have her test positive for the disease in the new nursing home.  She died about a month later in Dallas Presbyterian Hospital in complete isolation.
A live video feed was the last I saw of her a few days before she died.  My brother in Dallas had no more access to her than I did here in New York.


A photo I took of the sunset from the Williamsburg Bridge on the evening before my mother died.


Michael and I moved last year, though not very far.  We moved 2 doors down the street on Engert Avenue here in Brooklyn.  An apartment that we wanted for awhile became available and we took it.  
We may move again in the near future.  We're both getting very tired of the noise on the BQE just outside our window.

Michael now has a new career in real estate.  He aced the state real estate exam on the first try.  He's very good at the business, and to my surprise, he actually enjoys the work.  

We have a new cat.  Willy died in 2019, and his successor is an adorable tuxedo cat named Mickey.
And here he is.








No comments: