Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Projects


I'm very busy this summer.

I'm working on the last panels of the Second Passion Series.  I'm working on a version of the Doubting Thomas story, and the Supper at Emmaus.  Those panels are almost finished and illustrated below, photographed with my better but less than perfect phone camera.

After these are finished, then I will begin work on the last two panels of the 20 panel series.  They will be a version of the Ascension I'm titling Jesus Returns to God, and the last panel will be The Trinity.  Traditionally, the extended Passion sequence ends with The Last Judgement.  I'm thinking about incorporating some aspect of the Last Judgment in the Trinity panel.


 

Jesus Appears to His Friends
(unfinished)


A detail from Jesus Appears to His Friends


The Supper at Emmaus
(unfinished)



I'm also working on an entirely new kind of project, a graphic novel (or something like that).
I've just started making the finished panels.  I spent a long time writing the script and it's finished, though it will inevitably get tweaked as I make the panels.  Here are some phone photos of what I've finished so far.  I've just started.







The story is set in the town of Hargis, Texas sometime in the 1970s.
I've decided to spill out my id and see what happens.  This is all made up.  There's nothing autobiographical here.

I'm tentatively titling it The Best Cafe.  One of the two protagonists lives in a one room apartment over The Best Cafe, and a lot of the drama takes place there.

I've just started making the panels for pages in the book.  I'm saving filling in the text boxes for last.


No comments: