Thursday, July 7, 2022

Demonstration Paintings for My Students.

 


The painting and drawing classroom this past semester, in use again after being vacant for 2 years.


My painting class returned to campus, though a couple of weeks late.  I decided to continue the practice I began during online classes of demonstrating each painting assignment for each class.  On campus they paint along with me and I can see what they are doing.

Here are some selected demonstration paintings I made for my students last semester.

I returned to my old practice of having students sit for portrait demonstrations.  The student gets to keep the painting they posed for.






















I did landscape demonstration paintings mostly trying to teach them productive ways to use photos and landscape composition.  Here are my demo paintings.  I did a lot of cityscapes this semester all based on numerous photos that I took myself.













I'm kinda happy with these and I might make larger and more finished versions of them in oil or acrylic.

I also made good old Texas bluebonnet pictures for my students based on several photos that a friend of mine there took of a large field full of the blue flowers that he posted on Facebook.





















No comments: