Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year to All of My Readers!

A Counterlight encore presentation:







It's going to be a quiet and sober New Year's for Michael and I this year. We are both under the weather, and I am on an antibiotic that precludes any alcohol consumption.

We'll put on our tap shoes and go out and listen to the Lullaby of old Broadway next year.

The rest of you go out on the town and enjoy those sophisticated adult beverages.

A Happy and Prosperous New Year to you all! And may the coming decade be so much better than the last one. God forbid that it should be any worse.




"May peace break into your home and may thieves come to steal your debts.

May the pockets of your jeans become a magnet for $100 bills.

May love stick to your face like Vaseline and may laughter assault your lips!

May happiness slap you across the face and may your tears be that of joy.

May the problems you had, forget your home address!

In simple words...

May 2010 be the best year of your life!!!"

(stolen from Mimi's blog)

8 comments:

Leonard said...

Happy New Year to you and Michael, Counterlight! I´m going to a early dinner party and then home before my village explodes (and it really does) at Midnight...this New Year, probably around March/April I´ll receive a new lense inplanted in my left eye...I´ve been without a lense for months (they wanted to wait six months before they did the final surgery) and painting my paintings is hysterically funny because I miss whole sections and must go back as my view widens...but the best news is that my retina and cornea are in great shape! Ah, life is filled with wonderous things (but you know that already).

Get well soon!

Abrazos fuerte,
Leonardo

susan s. said...

Happy New Year to you and Michael, Doug.

Brian R said...

Happy New Year to you, hope your health improves and stays good throughout 2010.

Unknown said...

Blessing for the New Year to you as well Doug! Athbhlian faoi mhaise!

toujoursdan said...

All the best this year! May it bring you peace and happiness.

JayV said...

Every good wish to you all for the new year 2010.

motheramelia said...

Hope you feel better soon and blessings for a wonderful New Year.

Göran Koch-Swahne said...

All the best for this year to both of you!