Monday, September 3, 2012

The Messiah Dies at Age 92 and Leaves Behind an Empire

Messiah Moon died yesterday in Korea.  I wish I could say that I'm sorry to see him go, but I'm not.  I lost a good friend to him about 30 years ago.

He turned his religion into an immense and powerful international corporate empire.  He became a force to be reckoned with in right wing politics through his newspaper, The Washington Times, through his other publishing and broadcast holdings, and through his lavish financial support.  Right wing Catholic and Evangelical Congressional Reps bent their knees before Moon's crowned head.

It always amazes me how mortal enemies, like close friends, so frequently end up looking like each other.  Here are two mass spectacles in Korea honoring respective god kings.  Both are magnificent and barbaric.







No comments: