Sunday, May 31, 2009

Celery Stalks At Midnight


I absolutely love this tune. Here's the Will Bradley 1940 original.



And here are some kids who agree with me.



Imagine what a happier world this would be if all the world's holy men (all the bishops, all the priests, all the preachers, all the rabbis, all the mullahs, in churches, synagogues, mosques, temples, tents, and on my tee vee) just clapped their hands and yelled at the tops of their lungs,
"CELERY STALKS ALONG THE HIGHWAY!!!!!"

Now that would be a Pentecostal miracle.

They would all be so busy being silly that they'd forget about bringing so much division and sorrow to the world.

"Screw religion, let's dance!" said the Holy Spirit.

UPDATE:
In the wake of the Tillman murder, I'm having a hard time working up much enthusiasm for things religious lately.  Toujoursdan linked to this rant which sums up my own feelings pretty well.

No comments: