Friday, May 15, 2009

Work Hard to Win the Struggle to Build Art History Survey Classes!

As I work hard to win the struggle of the 12 Great Gradings, and to build Art History Education  over the next few days, here's the conclusion of The East Is Red.

Don't miss the Tibetan singer praising Mao and the Party. Savor the irony.



Get ready to stand up and sing the Internationale in Mandarin.



Yes, Grandmere, of course I'm losing my mind.
It's the end of the semester and I'm up to my eyeballs in grading and panicking students.

Enjoy the opera.

6 comments:

June Butler said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Counterlight said...

I hope my friend "Wilfried" does not read this comment thread (I know him; he's Chinese and speaks English, Mandarin, and German, each like a native; I am in awe). He will not be amused.

Grandmere, it's off to re-education camp with you!

June Butler said...

Wilfried chastised me for an ethnic Chinese joke, and I haven't posted an ethnic joke of any kind since. Delete if you like, Counterlight. Sometimes I be's bad. And that's ethnic talk that could get me in trouble, too. I'm incorrigible. I need a spell at re-education camp. Delete all my comments, luv. I won't mind.

Why is it that I don't mind Cajun jokes or jokes about old people?

Counterlight said...

I'll delete the comment if you wish, but it's not like you're burning crosses on anyone's lawn.

As you've probably noticed, I have a weakness for Mel Brooks' schtick which stomps on identity sensitivities with ruthless glee. That's probably exactly why I enjoy him so much. Brooks, to his credit, does not spare his own ethnic identity.

Let's both be off to re-education camp!
Some time laboring in the fields with the peasants will be good for us.

June Butler said...

Wait! I think we are the peasants.

Counterlight said...

Well, rubes anyway.