Monday, May 11, 2009

The End of the Semester Tsunami


It's that time of the year when I carefully study the wisdom of hundreds of freshmen and sophomores in an avalanche of grading. It officially begins Wednesday.
Blogging may be light (unless I feel the urgent need to flee from all those student papers on Frida Kahlo, The Brooklyn Bridge, and the Pyramids of Egypt, if only for a moment).

A month of uninterrupted work in my studio beckons on the other side of the pile. Maybe I can finally finish something there. I have 3 paintings waiting in various states of unfinish. I've only been able to work on them sporadically during the year. I have 3 more paintings on the drawing board which I would very much like to get started.

Sooner, rather than later, I'd like to call my photographer in to take some slides. Then I'd like to use this blog to do some overdue self-promotion and publicity.

5 comments:

Bryan said...

Good luck on your ventures, look forward to hearing more soon!

Brian R said...

Thank you for reminding me to offer thanks for retirement and no more piles of marking. Good luck with it.

June Butler said...

Oh joy! Let us know if you learn something really good from your studies. Share the wisdom, please!

Promote yourself, indeed!

JCF said...

I remember it (the end-of-semester grading tsunami).

How sad is it, that I envy you? :-/

[I do thank you for your prayers, Doug]

Counterlight said...

JCF

I hope those prayers are efficacious.