Thursday, November 13, 2008

Get Up Off Your Butts and Fight For Your Homes and Families!


There will be a rally here in New York and in cities across the country to protest California Proposition H8. The protest here in NYC will be Saturday at 1:30 at City Hall and Broadway. For more information, go here.

I hope to see all my New York and New Jersey friends there.

UPDATE:
I'm predicting a low turnout today.  It's pouring down rain here in New York.

FURTHER UPDATE:
Low turnout my ass!  I just got back from the rally, and it was packed packed packed!  The crowd by City Hall Park was so big they had to close off lanes of Broadway.  The crowd stretched up Broadway from City Hall to outta sight.  What is more, just before the rally started, the sun came out!  God answered Pat Robertson's prayers (though not with the answer Pat wanted).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is a small sign in my favourite gay bar that reads: "Don't piss off the Faeries". We know that Marriage Equality is an uphill struggle and are prepared to work for it. But to finally win this basic human right and then to have it taken away is something, to paraphrase Churchill, up with which we shall not put.
With the long awaited departure of the Bush junta (PTL), during which the hopes of gaining full equality were dim and there were many other battles to fight, we can now concentrate on this issue and other more pressing civil rights issues. The right wing bigots in California, Florida, Arizona, Arkansas, etc, may have gotten more than they bargained for. I was at a demonstration in front of the LDS Temple in New York City last night. It was organized in a few days using Facebook. 10,000 people showed up at 6:30pm on a Wednesday night closing down Broadway for blocks.
I shall repeat the warning: "DON'T PISS OFF THE FAERIES"

bls said...

I'll be wearing a carnation in my lapel.

Anonymous said...

I'll be going to Hartford.

Anonymous said...

Good on you, Counterlight, ueber-g, bis, scott.

The local protest is tomorrow at the Old Courthouse in St. Louis.

NancyP